Wednesday 22 June 2005

Shipping Detour

The route that Apple is taking to ship my G5 is even more interesting than I originally thought it was. After going from Cork to Luxembourg by plane, the computer has apparently been shipped by road to Amsterdam. There, it has apparently made the acquaintance of the rest of my order, an Airport Express base station and a copy of iWork, and they will apparently all happily make their way together to the UK. There must be some logic in all this but it escapes me. What also escapes me is that by taking this roundabout route, it is physically impossible for Apple to deliver the goods in the advertised 3 to 4 business days. In fact, today is the 6th business day since the order alledgedly shipped. So after a useless shop, that's the second annoyance from Apple in my attempt to buy something from them. That's the best way to make me a happy new customer.

No comments: